This is from Gordon Atkinson aka Reallivepreacher and it speaks for itself:
When it comes to God, religion, spirituality, whatever you want to call it, ignore just about everything you see on television or in movies. If you are serious about making a spiritual connection with a power greater than ourselves, try the following suggestions:
* Let go of big things and embrace little things.
* Ignore loud things and listen for quiet things.
* Put aside obvious things and seek out hidden things.
* Forget easy things and learn hard and ancient things.
* Stop saving your life and start losing it.
* Let your thinking and believing become doing and serving.
* Quit trying to arrive and become at home on the journey.
* Lose your road maps and find a wise guide to walk with you.
Love the idea of God with all your heart, soul, mind, body, life, work, and strength. And while you're at it, try loving other people as much as you love yourself. You won't be able to do either of these, but trying will be very good for you.
Do these things all of your days and forever. Do these things and live.